“When you enter the land and plant fruit trees, leave the fruit unharvested for the first THREE YEARS and consider it forbidden. Do not eat it. In the FOURTH YEAR the entire crop must be consecrated to the LORD as a celebration of praise. Finally, in the FIFTH YEAR you may eat the fruit. If you follow this pattern, your harvest will increase. I am the LORD your God.” – Leviticus 19:23-25 [New Living Translation]
The promise is in practicing the pattern. Wellspring began in 2017, so 2017, 2018, and 2019 were our first three years of developing restraint and working hard without immediate expectation of return. 2020 has been our fourth year, so we’ve focused the entire year on continually giving sacrificial praise with our lives. In 2021 we’ll focus on enjoying and celebrating the harvest.
We have two weeks left in 2020, Wellspring’s year four. Don’t stop sacrificially praising God yet. The timer doesn’t stop on this year until the stroke of midnight December 31, then a major shift is going to take place and by faith we’ll be leaping into the celebration. Year five we eat the fruit and enjoy the increase. The fields have been planted and cultivated, and they’ve been fully consecrated. Next we get to enjoy the new land. The fifth year is a benchmark regardless of whether we’ve followed God’s pattern, but it’s in practicing the pattern that we’ll see the increase.
How are you using these final few days of sacrificial praise? Are you preparing for the harvest celebration?
This is what’s happening the next few weeks. Please let me know if you need additional information:
- December 18, Friday – Christmas Party (offsite)
- December 20, Sunday – Annual Christmas Story & Cookie Exchange
- December 27, Sunday – NO MEETING
- January 3, Sunday – Testimony Sunday
- January 8, Friday – Outside Worship Celebration (offsite)
- January 10, Sunday – Tailgate Party
- January 27, Wednesday – Prophetic Training Begins (offsite)
His love is better than life!
- 12/16 Isaiah 51, Ezekiel 45, Revelation 7
- 12/17 Isaiah 52, Ezekiel 46, Revelation 8
- 12/18 Isaiah 53, Ezekiel 47, Revelation 9
- 12/19 Isaiah 54, Ezekiel 48, Revelation 10
- 12/20 Isaiah 55, Daniel 1, Revelation 11
- 12/21 Isaiah 56, Daniel 2, Revelation 12
- 12/22 Isaiah 57, Daniel 3, Revelation 13
- 12/23 Isaiah 58, Daniel 4, Revelation 14
Follow our Facebook page or our Instagram page to see daily refections from the reading each morning. We’re always happy to hear your thoughts and responses, so please don’t hesitate to email or comment on the social media posts.