There is no freedom without dominion. Outside of the Kingdom reign of Jesus Christ, we remain in bondage. 2 Corinthians 3:17 says, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” It is essential that we understand that freedom only exists within the boundaries of our King’s domain. If the Spirit of God is Lord of our lives, His Lordship breaks the bondage of every other master.
It’s March and that means Wellspring is putting the spotlight on “Freedom”. Every year we take a month to celebrate and grow in the freedom Jesus Christ has provided for us.
- Sunday, March 7 – Jill Nothrop will be teaching on “Playing the Long Game.”
- Saturday, March 13 – Monte & Hugh Bromiley (founders of Beth Shalom Ministries) will share on freedom and understanding spiritual authority.
- Sunday, March 14 – We’ll hear testimonies from our newly ordained freedom ministers.
- Sunday, March 21 – I will be talking about freedom and our spiritual capacity for greatness.
- Sunday, March 28 – We’ll break into Lab Groups to discuss and apply what we’ve been learning.
If you have any questions about this next month, please let me know. I can’t wait to see how freedom is experienced and expressed over this next month in each and every person’s life. Get ready to go higher!
Let’s grow together!
DAILY WORD FOR MARCH 3, 2021
How long has this been happening? When did this begin? What was going on right before this all started? These are important questions because they take you back to the entry-point.
Imagine you discover rats coming in and out of your house. Of course the rats are a great concern because they carry destruction and disease; but what is your first priority, exterminating the rats in your house or repairing the crack through which they come and go? Most people would either adjust their lives around the presence of the rats or spend their lives continually fighting the rats. The first priority should be identifying and repairing the entry-point.
A trauma creates a fracture. That fracture becomes a place of enemy access in our lives. Have you ever known an adult who regresses to behaving like a child in certain situations? This is often because they have a fracture from a childhood trauma. Bringing wholeness to the broken place removes the access point. In order to bring healing, we must prayerfully identify the trauma and forgive the people and/or circumstances. Jesus taught that healing and forgiveness are synonymous.
“How long has this been happening to him?” Jesus asked the question because it was important for us to hear it. Since a crowd was forming, He dealt immediately with the evil spirit from His own authority, not wanting the spirit to receive its desired attention; but Jesus goes on to teach His disciples that “this kind” of spirit requires prayer. Pay attention to Jesus’ first and last statements in this encounter. “How long has this been happening?” “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”
- 2021/03/03 Exodus 12, Psalms 62, 1 Samuel 13, Mark 9:1-29
- 2021/03/04 Exodus 13, Psalms 63, 1 Samuel 14, Mark 9:30-50
- 2021/03/05 Exodus 14, Psalms 64, 1 Samuel 15, Mark 10:1-31
- 2021/03/06 Exodus 15, Psalms 65, 1 Samuel 16, Mark 10:32-52
- 2021/03/07 Exodus 16, Psalms 66, 1 Samuel 17, Mark 11:1-19
- 2021/03/08 Exodus 17, Psalms 67, 1 Samuel 18, Mark 11:20-33
- 2021/03/09 Exodus 18, Psalms 68, 1 Samuel 19, Mark 12:1-27
- 2021/03/10 Exodus 19, Psalms 69, 1 Samuel 20, Mark 12:28-44
Follow our Facebook page or our Instagram page to see daily refections from the reading each morning. We’re always happy to hear your thoughts and responses, so please don’t hesitate to email or comment on the social media posts.