Decreeing Divine Boundaries
This “IF” applies to all of us today. God desires to not only give us an acquittal for our sins, trespasses, and iniquities. Jesus didn’t just come and die to cleanse us. He came to promote us. He came as our Advocate to clothe us in righteousness AND to empower us to rule. But that choice belongs to you and me.
Any person who has been saved and cleansed through faith in Jesus can now go to the Righteous Judge and REQUEST a divine restraining order. That’s available to each of us who have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus. But God wants us to step up. Salvation was adoption into the family, which comes with unimaginably wonderful benefits. God’s true desire and delight is to see His children also begin working the family business. If we are willing to dedicate our lives to following, listening, and obeying Him, we will receive the right of access to rule and judge. He wants us to grow from making requests to issuing decrees.
In his book Issuing Divine Restraining Orders from the Courts of Heaven, Dr. Francis Myles defines a divine restraining order as an order issued by the Courts of Heaven to protect a person of destiny, a business, a nation, or Kingdom citizens in a situation involving clear and present danger to the preordained purposes of God. He also gives the protocol for approaching the Courts of Heaven:
- Get off the battlefield. (Luke 18:1-8)
- Stand on Christ’s finished work. (John 17:4, 19:30)
- Repent. (Matthew 4:17)
- Ask the Court to be seated. (Daniel 7:10)
- Present your case with boldness, including your “faith evidence.” (Hebrews 4:16, 11:1)
- Wait for the Spirit’s witness. (Romans 8:16)
- Receive the Court’s verdict by faith. (John 8:10-11)
- Reinforce your righteous verdict daily through thanksgiving. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
This next Sunday, November 22, we will be breaking into Lab Groups to discuss and apply this lesson. If you haven’t watched the lesson or if you’d like to watch it again, click on the image above or go to our website, http://www.wellspring.live. What was your greatest takeaway from this lesson? How can you apply what we learned about the Divine Court and your operation in the Divine Court to your life today? Come ready to participate in the conversation and grow together!
His love is better than life!
- 11/18 Proverbs 7, Isaiah 23, Ezekiel 17, Hebrews 13
- 11/19 Proverbs 8, Isaiah 24, Ezekiel 18, James 1
- 11/20 Proverbs 9, Isaiah 25, Ezekiel 19, James 2
- 11/21 Proverbs 10, Isaiah 26, Ezekiel 20, James 3
- 11/22 Proverbs 11, Isaiah 27, Ezekiel 21, James 4
- 11/23 Proverbs 12, Isaiah 28, Ezekiel 22, James 5
- 11/24 Proverbs 13, Isaiah 29, Ezekiel 23, 1 Peter 1
- 11/25 Proverbs 14, Isaiah 30, Ezekiel 24, 1 Peter 2
Follow our Facebook page or our Instagram page to see daily refections from the reading each morning. We’re always happy to hear your thoughts and responses, so please don’t hesitate to email or comment on the social media posts.