Hold tightly to the essentials
and loosely to the peripheral,
always trusting God.
In the first part of “And the the End” we made it through five of our ten steps for “The Order of the End”:
1. Christ the First Fruits
2. The Age of the Church
3. The Return of Christ
4. The First Resurrection
5. The Judgement Seat of Christ
We wrapped up by talking about the judgement that every believer will face immediately after the resurrection, the condemnation-free judgement of rewards and responsibilities in the Kingdom. If you did not hear Part 1, please listen to that lesson before watching this one, Part 2.
In this lesson, we covered the remaining five steps:
6. The Throne of Christ’s Glory
7. The 1000 Year Reign of the King
8. The Second Resurrection
9. The Great White Throne
10. The End & the New Beginning
Scripture says that a Biblical perspective of resurrection and judgement is foundational and necessary to the building of your faith (Hebrews 6). So as you’re watching and listening to this and the previous lessons, hold tightly to the essentials and loosely to the peripheral, always trusting God. God has — for His own mysterious reasons — left room for interpretation on end time events, so hold them loosely. But resurrection and judgement are core principles of our faith, and are therefore to be held tightly.
- Potluck Communion is this coming Sunday, September 29. If you did not receive the signup email and would like to join us, please let me know. You are welcome!
- Our next youth meeting is 7pm Wednesday, October 2, at the Nothrop’s house. Ben Nothrop and I meet with a group of the “Wellspring Offspring” (this is what they’ve started jokingly calling each other) every other Wednesday night. It’s open to high school and college young adults. If you have any questions, please let me know.
May God fill you completely with joy and peace!